There is nothing more important than the safety of our members. Your child's safety and protection is and always will be our number one priority. You entrust us with your child - it's our responsibility and commitment to provide them with a physically and emotionally safe environment where they can thrive. Young people deserve nothing less than a constant focus on their safety and a firm commitment from those entrusted to their care.
Every day, our trained and dedicated staff work diligently to ensure the safety, protection and well-being of children. We have rigorous policies and procedures in place to address all aspects of child safety. We train staff on safety annually and comply with mandatory background checks, immediate reporting to authorities, and annual safety assessments. We continually update and innovate safety policies, programs and training for local Club staff and volunteers that are designed to protect young people from threats present in our society.
We have always and will continue to ensure both physical and emotional safety at the Boys & Girls Club of Milford is the top priority for all of us. We have many layers in place to protect our members and will continue to adjust and modify these policies as new and innovative ways to keep children safe are developed. Below is a breakdown of the safety measures we take at the Boys & Girls Club of Milford.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or comments about this or any other issue. We are always here for you and your children.
At the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT Child Safety is Job No. 1
Ensuring child safety is fundamental to the mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT.
The Safety and Wellbeing of Young People is Our Number One Priority
We work every day to create a safe, fun environment so kids can have every opportunity to be successful in life. We have ZERO tolerance for inappropriate behavior of any kind, including child sexual abuse or misconduct, and we put resources behind that stance.
Culture of Safety: the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT continually updates robust safety policies, programs and training for our staff and volunteers that are designed to promote child safety and protect young people from threats that are present in our society. We implement layers of safety policies and guidelines to keep our kids safe including:
- Mandatory Background Checks: Mandatory criminal background checks are required every year for every staff and board member at the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT. In addition, criminal background checks are required for any volunteer who has direct contact with children. All background checks are done annually through First Advantage
- Safety Trainings: Ongoing training and supervision of staff is critical. We participate in a wide variety of child safety trainings conducted some of these trainings include first aid, CPR, AED certification, DCF mandated reporter training, building and environmental safety trainings. In addition we partner with the leading community experts to ensure we are up to date with the latest and safest methods for offering the safest physical and emotional environment for our members.
- Safety Committee: The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT has a dedicated safety committee to provide input and guidance on local policies and safety strategies. Priorities and initiatives. This committee meets monthly to ensure all policies and procedures are up to date, being followed, and develop new polices.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America has partnered with Praesidium, one of the nation’s leading safety experts, to provide a 24-hour, toll-free Child Safety Hotline to allow Club managers, staff members, volunteers, and Club members to confidentially report suspicions or concerns. For Club-related child safety issues, contact the Child Safety Hotline at 866-607-SAFE (7233) or email SafeClub@PraesidiumInc.com. For child safety concerns that are not related to a Boys & Girls Club, contact the Child Help National Child Abuse Hotline at 800-4-A-Child (800-422-4453).
- Safety Policies: The Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT has comprehensive safety policies in place that protect youth â€“ including, but not limited to, supervision, transportation, communication and prohibiting private one-on-one contact. Our safety policies and procedures must adhere to the highest standards. We are required to report any suspected child abuse to local authorities. No adult should ever be alone with a childâ€”all activities inside and outside the Club must have appropriate ratios of staff and members.
- Required Immediate Reporting: the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT staff and volunteers are all mandated reporters. We are required to report any critical incident/safety concern to local authorities immediately. We are also required to report any critical incident to Boys & Girls Clubs of America within 24 hours.
- Mandatory Annual Safety Assessments: We complete a safety assessment each year to ensure we continually make improvements to safety at our Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT.
America's young people deserve nothing less than our constant focus on their safety and our firm commitment to protect every child who is entrusted to our care at the Boys & Girls Club of Milford, CT. To learn more about our national safety policies and actions, please visit Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Child Safety page, here.